10 free tips for increasing your followers
If you’re in business, or you’re just looking to reach a wider audience, a strong social media presence is a must if you want to stay competitive. Instagram is a great place to get exposure and get your brand noticed. It can be hard at first when you start posting pictures and you are getting no responses. It takes time to build an audience, don’t be discouraged if you’re not hitting the mark straight away and getting people to interact with your posts. Engaging customers can be expensive and out of reach for a lot of small businesses so I’ve listed 10 free ways you can help improve your Instagram posting success.
- Use Hashtags that are known to increase followers: #followforfollow, #like4like, #followback
- Like other peoples pics, and lots of them! When people start seeing your name in their feed they are more likely to follow you
- Hold some sort of competition on Instagram, especially if you’re selling a product, it’s a great way to get it out there. Who doesn’t love something for free!
- Cross-promotion: Promote your social media accounts all multiple social media platforms and your website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram being the most popular.
- Use popular hashtags like #love, #tbt, #photooftheday. Lots of people look at these categories
- Make sure your bio is complete, it increases engagement and looks more professional
- Put a call to action in your posts, ask your audience to do something
- Plan your content, don’t just post any old thing, quality beats quantity
- Be consistent: This will grow your followers organically
- Don’t be afraid to post often, as long as it is quality!